Marriage License by Norman Rockwell
Click the picture for an unonbstructed view
Source: Art.com
Featured:

CC's Random Thoughts
Franklin, TN, USA Manila, Philippines

           Temperature:

As of :           

           Temperature:

As of :           

Click for Franklin, Tennessee Forecast Click for Manila, Philippines Forecast

Background pictures illustrate current weather conditions


               CC's Tweets



Monday, November 03, 2008

Perfect Blue

Current Mood:
CC is listening to:Nothing right now

There wasn't anything good on TV to watch yesterday so I thought I'd watch an anime DVD from Steve's extensive collection while I did the ironing. I thought I'd try Perfect Blue, which was done by the same guy who did Paprika and Millennium Actress, both of which were films that Steve and I had liked.


It's a psychological thriller. The synopsis on Rottentomatoes.com:

A surprisingly thoughtful analysis of the Japanese pop icon phenomenon. Mima is an ex-pop idol who was worshipped by the masses before fashion dictated otherwise. In order to salvage her career, she decides to drop music and pursue acting. A soap opera role is offered but Mima's character is less clean cut than desired. Regardless, she agrees and events take a turn for the worse. She begins to feel reality slip. She discovers (imagines?) her identical twin, a mirror image that hasn't given up singing. Internet sites appear describing every intimate detail of her life and a figure stalks her from the shadows. Her friends and associates are threatened, and killed, as Mima descends into a dangerous world of paranoid delusion. She fears for her life and must unravel fact from illusion in order to stay alive.



I talked to Steve about the movie after he came home from work. He told me about how he totally loves it; I told him that I thought it was a good movie too, but the thing that kind of spoiled it for me was that I figured out the ending :-). There were some great film sequences in there though. One of our favorites was how a certain part got you so confused and you started to doubt yourself the same way the main character was starting to doubt herself. That was well done :-).

Labels:



Posted by Unknown | 4:38 AM | 0 Comments |
Write or read comments about this entry