Marriage License by Norman Rockwell
Click the picture for an unonbstructed view
Source: Art.com
Featured:

CC's Random Thoughts
Franklin, TN, USA Manila, Philippines

           Temperature:

As of :           

           Temperature:

As of :           

Click for Franklin, Tennessee Forecast Click for Manila, Philippines Forecast

Background pictures illustrate current weather conditions


               CC's Tweets



Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fingerprinting Done

Current Mood:
CC is listening to: Elikya (Hope)--Marc Antoine (Universal Language)

Fingerprinting didn't take very long at all...the process itself was only about 10 minutes, but I was at the USCIS office for about half an hour because there were 2-3 people ahead of me. That's STILL good time :-).

After my fingerprints were taken, I was given a booklet to help me study for the Naturalization test next year. It's a booklet of 100 questions and their answers (with supporting explanations).

Apparently, this is how it's going to work: during my naturalization interview, I'm going to be asked up to 10 questions from the list of 100. I just need to give the answers; I don't need to give the supporting explanations. Questions include:
There is also an English portion of the test, which includes a speaking test, a writing test, and a reading test. For the reading test, I must read 1 out of 3 sentences correctly to demonstrate an ability to read in English. For the writing test, I must write 1 out of 3 sentences correctly to demonstrate an ability to write in English. I think I'll be okay with the English portion of the test ;-).

Since I won't be taking the test isn't until next year (my application will take that long to process), I don't feel too pressured to learn all of it now. I guess I'll have Steve drill me on the questions once a month until next year--I should be really comfortable with the material by then :-).

Labels:



Posted by Unknown | 6:11 AM | 0 Comments |
Write or read comments about this entry