Marriage License by Norman Rockwell
Click the picture for an unonbstructed view
Source: Art.com
Featured:

CC's Random Thoughts
Franklin, TN, USA Manila, Philippines

           Temperature:

As of :           

           Temperature:

As of :           

Click for Franklin, Tennessee Forecast Click for Manila, Philippines Forecast

Background pictures illustrate current weather conditions


               CC's Tweets



Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Google Voice ROCKS!

Current Mood:
CC is listening to: an episode of Law & Order SVU

Ever heard of Google Voice? No? Oohhhh it's {singsong} AWWWEESSOME!

Okay think about this:

My Google Voice number is 615-2800-CCS (615-280-0227)

Feature: If you call that number, my cellphone will ring. Or my home phone. Or my work phone. Or all three at the same time, if I set it up that way.
Benefit to You: That means you only need to remember one number for me. You don't need to go around saying, "Okay now what was CC's cell number/home number/work number?" It's (615)-2800-CCS. That's all you need to know.
Benefit to Me: You can reach me and yet my cell number and home number are kept private :-).

Feature: If I don't already have your phone number in my Google Contacts phone book (i.e. I don't already know you), you have to say your name and I can decide whether I take your call right then or let you go to voice mail and leave me a message.
Benefit to Me: Great way to screen junk telephone calls :-)

Feature: If you leave voice mail, not only will it let me know you left voice mail, but it will also transcribe your voice mail and send it to me as a text message and/or in an email.
Benefit to Me: I can read your voice mail almost immediately after you leave it; I don't need to call my "check your voice mail" number.

Feature: It's not tied to a location.
Benefit to You & Me: I move to Nashville in a few months. That means my cell phone number and home phone number will probably change. But you still only have to remember 615-2800-CCS, because all I would need to do is change the number/s my Google Voice number will forward calls to :-).

Feature: It's free! Well not *completely* free. Calling US and Canadian numbers is free. There's a small fee for international numbers (11 cents a minute for calling Philippine landlines; 17 cents a minute for calling Philippine cellphone numbers)
Benefit to Me: It's cheaper than Yahoo, so I can stop using (and paying for) Yahoo and use Google Voice instead.

There are more features and resulting benefits, but those are the top ones :-).

Getting a Google Voice account is currently by invitation only. If you want to get on the waiting list for an invitation, click here.

Labels:



Posted by Unknown | 3:01 PM | 1 Comments |
Write or read comments about this entry