Marriage License by Norman Rockwell
Click the picture for an unonbstructed view
Source: Art.com
Featured:

CC's Random Thoughts
Franklin, TN, USA Manila, Philippines

           Temperature:

As of :           

           Temperature:

As of :           

Click for Franklin, Tennessee Forecast Click for Manila, Philippines Forecast

Background pictures illustrate current weather conditions


               CC's Tweets



Saturday, September 03, 2011

Blogging A Little More

Current Mood:   
Currently Listening to: The Way You Look Tonight--Beegie Adair (I'll Take Romance)

I love Saturday. 

I think it's the sheer "mine-ness" of the day that I like the most.  Read a book?  Sure!  Play World of Warcraft?  You bet!  Eat cheesy poofs for breakfast?  Try and stop me.  And hey, if I want to continue required reading for work, then that's my choice too (you hear that, honey?) :-).

Sure there's regular chores to do like the laundry and the floors.  But you know, our place isn't very big.  It takes me an hour tops to both vacuum *and* wipe the hardwood floors down.  And if I plan it right, the laundry can be running while I'm doing all that.  And since there's only two of us, I only ever really have 4 loads of laundry to do.

Often I get a sense of wanderlust, like if I don't get in the car and go someplace for some reason I'm wasting the day somehow.  There have been a few weekends where I've told Steve, "Let's drive someplace."  No real destination in mind, just going out, taking the back roads and watching the fields and trees go by.  Sometimes we argue about who gets to drive, because whoever drives has control of the radio :-). 

This weekend is my high school's 20th reunion in San Francisco.  I was originally planning to go but a house expense has dipped into my travel fund and has rendered me house-bound.  On one hand, I'm going to miss everyone and that's a bummer--it would have been nice to reconnect with everyone.  On the other hand, it's kind of hard to stay bummed when you realize you have the weekend :-). 

Labels: ,



Posted by Unknown | 9:02 AM | 0 Comments |
Write or read comments about this entry