Marriage License by Norman Rockwell
Click the picture for an unonbstructed view
Source: Art.com
Featured:

CC's Random Thoughts
Franklin, TN, USA Manila, Philippines

           Temperature:

As of :           

           Temperature:

As of :           

Click for Franklin, Tennessee Forecast Click for Manila, Philippines Forecast

Background pictures illustrate current weather conditions


               CC's Tweets



Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lovin' Firefox

Current Mood:
CC is listening to: (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons--Nat King Cole (The Greatest Hits)

I LOVE Firefox.

Well no, let me clarify that. I love web browsers that allow for open source application development. Firefox just happens to be the pioneer and leader in this initiative. How's that :-)?

It's amazing the ideas that people come up with if given the opportunity. Different people all over the world create their own little applications and add-ons that you can then use, for free, to enhance your OWN browsing experience :-).

I just installed three more Firefox add-ons today: WebMail Notifier, DownThemAll, and Foxmarks.

WebMail is an add-on that checks your Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail email addresses every X minutes (you can set it to any time you want--I have it set to check every minute) and lets you know when you have new mail through an envelope icon on your browser status bar.



Then when you hover your pointer over the envelope, it tells you which account has new mail. This comes in REALLY handy especially when you're waiting to hear back from someone and want to know as soon as new mail comes in :-).



And when you click on the icon, it loads your inbox in a new tab. It already signs you in for you :-).

DownThemAll is another add-on...and it's going to be really cool when I figure it out :-). It's not as user friendly as the other add-ons, but it works like a download accelerator.

Foxmarks I REALLY like because it not only backs up my bookmarks, it also stores them online so that if I'm using another computer (like at an Internet cafe or an airport lounge), I can access my bookmarks easily.

Another thing that I downloaded is a program called AM-Deadlink 3.3. Now THIS I absolutely LOVE. I've got 540 bookmarks saved throughout the years, and AM-Deadlink is able to tell me which of those 540 bookmarks are still okay, and which are dead, and it allows me to delete the deadlinks. Here's a screenshot.


Then it's just a matter of sorting the list according to the errors, and then deleting them :-).

Labels:



Posted by Unknown | 6:35 AM | 0 Comments |
Write or read comments about this entry