Marriage License by Norman Rockwell
Click the picture for an unonbstructed view
Source: Art.com
Featured:

CC's Random Thoughts
Franklin, TN, USA Manila, Philippines

           Temperature:

As of :           

           Temperature:

As of :           

Click for Franklin, Tennessee Forecast Click for Manila, Philippines Forecast

Background pictures illustrate current weather conditions


               CC's Tweets



Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Extended Manila Trip

Current Mood:
CC is listening to: Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern via the Slingbox

My original schedule to be in Manila was from April 13-25, and come back again the first week of May. But when I realized that schedule only gave me a week in Memphis before I needed to fly back, I just decided to stay that extra week in Manila and continue working from there. So I've been a little busier than usual (the pace is always busier at the Manila office) and haven't been able to blog so much.

But I have been able to do a few things that I enjoy: meet up with some friends, do some online shopping and play WoW ;-).

The first weekend I arrived, my college friends had a small dinner get together at Meyan and Joy's new home.


Robin made paella, Aldous brought a delicious chocolate cake, and I brought some flowers. It was a nice, relaxing dinner followed by some tv :-).

Another thing I was able to do was some online shopping while being here :-). I was doing an search for bedsheets for my parents. Search results included the usual comforter sets that are either printed or plain, and after looking at picture after picture they all start looking the same.

Then I found this in the clearance section at the Sears' website and just HAD to have it, it was so different:




Doesn't that just make you want to slide under the covers and take a nap :-)?

I ordered it online and Steve picked it up at the store the next day :-). I'm looking forward to trying it out when I get home :-).

It's the Noblegarden festival in WoW, which is the in-game equivalent of Easter :-). For a week you go hunting for eggs and turn them in to certain characters for in-game prizes :-). One of the prizes that I thought would be really cute to have would be the bunny ears. I collected enough eggs to get them for my death knight, and she just looks really cute with them:


Here's this death knight all decked out in armor, meant to spread fear and terror, and she's got bunny ears :-).

Labels:



Posted by Unknown | 1:11 PM | 2 Comments |
Write or read comments about this entry